"Heaven is a discotheque"

Thursday, August 18, 2005

YOU LOVED ME BEFORE, DO YOU LOVE ME NOW?

Sorry for the long-ish absence from communication, everyone. I'm really terrible at 1) computers and 2) keeping in touch with people I adore, so you can fill in the blanks yourselves. (My next mission: adding myself to the facebook community, which has also proven a little difficult for who knows what reason.)

I was chagrined to find Pittsburgh in exactly the same condition as I left it--full, in other words, of surly ex-boyfriends working at all my favorite coffeeshops. And humid. So humid my sunglasses fog up as soon as I go outside.

But I do have good news: I now have a job. I'll be an artist in residence in the Beaver County School System, just north of Pgh. I'll be teaching a few days here and there, depending on how often schools want to bring me in, and the rest of the time I'll be teaching at a cyber school. (Did I somehow end up in a mid-'80s vision of what the 21st century would be like? Needless to say, I am thoroughly bugged out about this, but will forge ahead.) If anybody has experience with teaching poetry in a cyber school, I'd love to talk to you about it.

In other news: the most popular song on the jukebox at Ritter's, Pittsburgh's best diner, is "Crazy" by Patsy Cline, and I rely on this information daily.

By the way, I request permission to make giddy phone calls during Steelers games.

X
Sarah

2 Comments:

  • They are so real, apparently! They're going to give me the software soon. I just hope it isn't too Orwellian.

    Are you in St. Louis yet? I owe you a phone call.

    By the way, reading the anthology was like FALLING IN LOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL OVER AGAIN. My, my, my.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8/22/2005 11:58 AM  

  • Kristin:
    PAULA ABDUL!!! Does it have En Vogue also? Or the remix of that Deborah Cox song, "Nobody's Supposed to Be Here?" I love respect yourself jams. FOR. REAL.

    Alex:
    Toats whigged out is a good response, I trust? (This is said winkingly.)

    Elizabeth:
    Apparently, I will be teaching in my jammies. Crazy wold. By the way, I got some bright orange nail polish last week that made me think of you. Good thing I don't have to do the "young professional" look for work; I'm pretty sure orange nail polish is antithetical to young professional; advice?

    Evan:
    If you liked that Dipset album, Killa Cam has a new record out now. And, to my surprise, Dipset is all about the sizzurp. Is that even how one spells sizzurp?

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8/25/2005 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home