"Heaven is a discotheque"

Friday, June 24, 2005

In the Mix

This is my first meaningful participation in a blog. The more meaningless involvements were youthful indiscretions.

As a member of the charter group of 1985, I am one of the oldest Younger Poets in captivity.

The big news is as follows: I am moving to my fiancee's place, and we are getting married in October. We also have a wonderful rescue dog.

On the literary front, my book Settling for Beauty comes out in August. More can be found out on the web site (www.cherry-grove.com) or by getting in touch with me.

Peace,

John

4 Comments:

  • John, congratulations on everything! Is October the "new June"? Or just the peak time for poets to wed? Hmmm. . .

    Looking forward to reading the book!

    By Blogger Ron, at 6/28/2005 8:24 PM  

  • Ron,

    Thanks for the kind words.

    In other news, I will have two epigrams published on java jackets in Madison, Wisconsin. It's a funny world.

    This reminds me--if people here have not checked out Allison Joseph's Creative Writing Opportunities (CRWOPPS) mail list, they really should.

    John

    By Blogger J.D. Smith, at 6/30/2005 10:34 AM  

  • Hey John,

    Send it to us at Pebble Lake Review (www.pebblelakereview.com) for review. We normally review 1-2 books/chapbooks an issue. Congrats!

    By Blogger Amanda Auchter, at 7/02/2005 3:23 AM  

  • Thanks, Amanda, I will definitely pass one along once I get a few copies.

    I am now in that awkward stage between final proofs and seeing the finished product.

    Best,

    John

    By Blogger J.D. Smith, at 7/05/2005 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home