"Heaven is a discotheque"

Thursday, September 22, 2005

RITA Update

My husband & I are not able to evacuate our home. HWY 6, which is the street right outside of our neighborhood, is at a standstill. We are not able to get out of our neighborhood at all. Also, no gasoline. All gas station within a 30 mi. radius of us are out of gas and are not getting any more gas. We have plenty of food, water, flashlights, etc.,. We are going to shelter in place in the most secure room of our home, but are concerned about the 120 mph winds expected this far inland (70mi.). We are hoping for the best. The storm is coming in Sat morning @ approx. 1AM, so we'll be able to take calls until then. If you want to get in contact with me, email me. Thanks.

Amanda

3 Comments:

  • Amanda, know that you have the hopes and prayers from this surviving imagiste. Take care. Seriously, what does a hurricane have on you?

    By Blogger christopher lirette, at 9/22/2005 2:35 PM  

  • I agree with C.L. All my thoughts are with you. If you ever need a couch to crash on (in an admittedly inconvenient city), mine is all yours. My hopes and prayers are with you, as always.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 9/23/2005 9:09 AM  

  • Amanda, please post a follow-up when you can... hope your trees (and roof) held up.

    By Blogger Ron, at 10/03/2005 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home